How do I create an EPS file with preview using the AUI?
Here are the steps necessary for creating an EPS file with preview using the AUI.
You will need the GhostScript and GhostView shareware programs to create the preview. Download these programs from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost if you do not already have them.
In the AUI
- Choose File -> Snapshot/Movie Setup -> Postscript, set the Orientation to Landscape and click OK.
- Click the Vector Snapshot icon, set 'Save as Type' to PostScript (*.ps), enter the file name (without the .ps extension, e.g., pict1) and click Save.
- Choose File -> Open, and open the PostScript file (e.g., pict1.ps). You should see the picture on the display. If the picture is rotated, you probably didn't set the Orientation to Landscape in the AUI.
- Choose File -> PS to EPS, click Yes to answer the 'Have you read help 'PS to EPS'?' prompt, enter the file name (with the .eps extension, e.g., pict1.eps) and click Save.
- Choose File -> Open and open the EPS file (the file with the .eps extension, e.g., pict1.eps). You should see the same picture on the display.
- Choose Edit -> Add EPS Preview -> TIFF 6 packbits, enter a new file name (with the .eps extension, e.g., pict1a.eps) and click Save.
The EPS file with preview (e.g., pict1a.eps) can then be imported in the usual way into a compatible application such as Word.