ADINA with NX
The above animation shows a roof crush analysis where the model was created in a third party pre-processor and exported to a Nastran file. The Nastran file is imported into ADINA and some small modifications are made. The analysis is then performed with ADINA and the results are translated to universal file format for post-processing in NX.
Previously, we had given an overview of how ADINA can be used with various third party pre- and post-processors (ADINA News, March 30, 2008). In this News, we focus on the use of ADINA with NX Pre/Post.
Figure Schematic of workflow between NX Pre/Post and ADINA
The figure above shows the schematic of the workflow between NX Pre/Post and ADINA. The steps in the procedure are:
- Create finite element model using the modeling and pre-processing capabilities in NX.
- Export finite element model as a Nastran file.
- Import Nastran file into ADINA. The Nastran file can be imported for structural, CFD or FSI analysis (see April 15, 2006 News). The imported Nastran model can be modified in ADINA before submitting for analysis.
- Run ADINA analysis and output results in the ADINA porthole format or the I-deas universal file format.
- Translate results in ADINA porthole format to I-deas universal file format. This step is not necessary if the universal file is directly output in step 4. However, this step provides more flexibility in terms of selecting the range and types of results to translate.
- Import universal file into NX for post-processing.
To find out what other input and output options are available in ADINA for interfacing with various pre- and post processors, please see ADINA Pre- and Post-processing Options.
Finite element modeling; NX interface; Nastran file; I-deas universal file; porthole translator; pre-processing; post-processing